Monday, June 29, 2009

Out classed


If I may indulge a brief tangent. Ok, I don't even need to ask, who am I kidding.

So Team USA almost completed the Cinderella story. A light touch from Dempsey on a great serve from Proctor put the world cup giants on their heals. Then, about 20 minutes later a wonderful orchestrated counter-attack was deftly and coolly finished off by Landon. It appeared for a moment that Team US was about to pull off the most unbelievable comeback in international tournament play.

But that is when the Brazilian gods woke up, disgusted by the potential embarrassment of losing to the filthy Americans, asked their lovely assistant (pictured here) to step aside and put on a soccer clinic in the second half. There is a word from the 80's that describes what happened to Team USA, "SCHOOLED".

In a way, I prefer these results. Let's hope this loss smarts enough to create a real fire in the belly for Team USA. Then we might stand a chance to get to the quarter finals of 2010 world cup.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I´m Charlie from BSN Sports... i would like to exchange links with you.

    Your sports blog is very cool...

    Please let me know if you are interesting.

    Here's my info if you are interested exchanging links:

    Url: http://www.bsnsportsblog.com

    Anchor: Sports Betting News

    Feel free to contact me with your details.

    Kind Regards,

    Charlie Jimenez

    contact@bsnsportsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Your sports blog is very cool..." WTF?! Are you kidding me?

    ReplyDelete