Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk!

I think this line from yahoo says it all:

It’s all they needed against the Blue Jays, thanks to Jon Lester’s pitching and Dustin Pedroia’s fielding.

Pedroia's play on Wells in the 9th was sick. That ball was scorched up the middle.

I would also tip my cap to the heart of our order. Ortiz worked a good at bat to get on base in the bottom of the ninth with 2 outs. Manny with 2 strikes against him hits a nice little bloop into center field. Then Youk gets up and smacks a line drive to center, with the help of Wells bobbling the ball allowed Ortiz to score.

Lucky for me, I was at the game. It was the fastest game I've ever attended. It had a slight delay, due to rain and was over by 9:40! It was the first time in 17 years or so that my brother had been to Fenway. So it was cool to watch his reaction to the crowd. After all it is not everyday that you see 36,000 plus people sing a Neil Diamond song.

Note: It was great to Lowell back in the line up. He got a standing ovation for his first at bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment