Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Disasters


Yesterday was a great day to be a headline writer...

Texas Legislator introduces bill to allow blind people to hunt

Tigers add experience to bullpen with reliever Jose Mesa

I don't know, I really feel the Tigers already have plenty of "experience" losing World Series they should've won. (Or is the headline just referring to the "experience" that is Jose Mesa's relief pitching?)

Also, I know I'm hardly the first to point this out, but according to Mesa's official bio on MLB.com, his first child is only 8 years younger than he is. Is that a typo, or did he marry an older woman?

5 comments:

  1. I can't answer that. And I'm proud of that too! I hope we can get this California business taken care of before the sun sets on that beautiful (well, most of it) state. Hi guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he is really 46 years old? You know you can't really trust ages from the DR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that makes him really old (and yet still only 14 when he had his first daughter). Wonder if in a couple years he'll suddenly announce an age adjustment so he can become the oldest player to get a save/win/blown save in a WS game 7/whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just been hanging out not getting anything done, but so it goes. It's not important. I haven't been up to much today.
    - gysnetwork.blogspot.com 9
    spaghetti alla carbonara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it a lot! Very nicely done. Easy to find helpful information. All the best!
    - www.blogger.com v
    spaghetti alla carbonara

    ReplyDelete