- The Pena-Mirabelli play was one of the best putouts from the outfield that I've seen; certainly the best one I've ever seen live.
- But besides Mirabelli's defense, he just keeps getting worse at the plate. Josh Bard and Cla Meredith, while playing in the crap division of the crap league, would be really nice right now.
- I had a pint of beer for $12. It was awesome.
- Alternate reality watch: had Timlin given up a run when he came out for the 8th, everyone would've been howling about how stupid it was to bring him in and calling for Tito's head. But it worked out well. And so no one's mentioning the bullpen management. Because people only think about how much better they are than the manager when the manager is wrong.
- Mike Napoli is batting .230, but has an OBP of .370. That's a lot of walks.
- The top of the 8th inning featured, as my friend Jason said at the time, "The heart of the order: Ortiz, Youkilis, and Kapler." Ugh.
- Papelbon started stretching late in the 5th inning. Does he always start that early?
- Preemptive strike.
Friday, August 25, 2006
So I made it one good game this season. Last night was brutal, since it was so close the entire time. You just knew the Sox would blow it - and the Angels fans knew it too. In Dino fashion, here are some quick thoughts on the game: