Sunday, July 09, 2006

Sox-Sox, 12th inning

...Holy crap what a nailbiter. Looks like they could've won it by doubling off Dye. The worst part is that I'm stuck watching the Chicago feed, listening to the Hawk (heave him, please) - oh my god that guy is terrible.

(Well, no matter what happens, at least we know it won't be decided by something lame and arbitrary, like a "home run derby" or something. Until soccer gets rid of penalty kicks, I really don't think I'll be able to truly get into it.)

13 comments:

  1. 13th: wow, Tavarez's put-out to first was pretty ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15th: wow, Tavarez's split at first was also pretty ridiculous. I wasn't sure he was getting up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Into the 16th. So I love Julian Tavarez and all, but I really hope Tito doesn't keep him out there. These scoreless innings can't last. At least Seanez has a chance. A small chance, but a chance nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew! I thought after Nixon misjudged that line drive we were sunk. So we see Seanez in the 17th?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep. I think we lose it this half-inning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOLY CRAP!!!! Cora!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm stuck watching the Chicago feed too. The worst is when the Hawk calls a strikeout against the Red Sox: "He Gone!"

    What a play to end the 17th! I'm sure the Chicago broadcast won't show it again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 19th inning. Damn.

    I think worse than "HeGone!" (which I agree is terrible) is when Chicago gets a home run - "Put in on the Board - YES!" Especially when the other guy says "YES!" with him. Man, I hope there are no White Sox fans who actually like the guy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nixon is 0-for-9. His batting average has dropped 11 points in this game.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Guy on 1st, 1 out, Seanez on the mound. No way this is going to the 20th.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Only a single. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete