Sunday, May 07, 2006

Aha! Bronson lost!

Take that all you Bronson supporters!!! 5-1...Which probably translates to 4-3 or 4-2 in the AL...

No, I am a supporter, but we knew he wasn't going to go 20-0.

And look at Wily Mo go now! He's on fire and a fairly good CF. He showed off his arm a little last night, too.

So, here's my new prediction. People in Boston will be clamoring for Wily Mo to get more playing time once Coco comes back. They're going to be like, "His bat needs to be in the lineup"...How could one argue...

I will admit it...I was wrong. Sort of. I think that this guy could benefit from some minor league time, but he sure looks pretty good right now. He needs to develop a little more patience. His at-bat last night (after Ramirez's blast) was flat-out terrible. He swung at three pitches about 2-feet outside in a row. But you can't argue with his average.

It is nice that pitchers seem a little wary of him. It's another power bat in the lineup. He provides some protection to whoever hits in front of him. Kind of like, "I can throw this guy stuff off the plate, but God help me if I miss" kind of protection.

Anyway, Bronson lost. He still had a good outing. I wish him the best....

No comments:

Post a Comment