Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Notes from the Other-side

So it wasn't quite the weekend, but here I am with another post. I read something today that was funny and I wanted to link to it. Deadspin reported that the YESNetwork's injury report was simply, "C. Pavano - Buttocks". I thought that was brilliant and I wanted to link it here.

So I rolled up my sleaves and ventured forth to the belly of the beast. My fingers burned with each additional key as I typed "Y-E-S-N-e-t...". I felt sick as I final clicked "go". Confused and feeling dirty, I couldn't find the injury report. I knew I could not spend long on this pseudo-forbidden site.

Then finally, my eye caught something: "Lowell Blow", which appears at the bottom of their Yankees page. The catchy tag reads, "The Little League in Lowell, Mass., has banned teams from being named 'Yankees.' The adults love it, but the children don't".

I had to read more. I swallowed my pride and clicked one step deeper. Expecting to see a story littered with examples of rude Red Sox parents and their poor confused children, I was shocked to find a couple of mild examples twisted into a story about rabid Sox fans. The best part is that the only evidence the author provides with regards to the unhappy children is a one-line intrepretation of the photos on the Spinner's Web-site. AMAZING!

Better yet, the piece then turns into a fluff piece about Jeter growing up a Yankees fan. It starts out with a retrospective image of Jeter, age 11, wearing his Yankees cap. I couldn't read anymore.

By the way, the Lowell program is donating all of the Yankee uniforms to little leagues in NY that can't afford uniforms!!! Some little Jeter wannabe gets to have a Yankees hat this Spring, thanks to the Lowell Spinners.

I have now closed my browser and cleared my history. I then ran spybot search and destroy to make sure any and all cookies were removed. I feel so dirty, I hope you all appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment