Saturday, March 11, 2006

Another Source of Ire

We normally reserve our criticism for Murray Chass. But George King is probably even a bigger ass. Maybe its that Chass works for a respected paper and takes shots at the Sox all the time (not to mention that he grew up hating the Yankees as Pirates fan). And I would wear my fingers out if I responded to all his nonsense, but today he had two that cracked me up.

"If Torre opts for 11 pitchers, they will be Randy Johnson, Mike Mussina, Chien-Ming Wang, Jaret Wright, Shawn Chacon, Mariano Rivera, Kyle Farnsworth, Tanyon Sturtze, Ron Villone, Aaron Small and Myers.

Of course, there are teams tracking Wright this spring in case the Yankees make him available."

IF the Yankees make him available? Are you kidding me? He's more available than this girl.

And then this gem:

"Other than deciding between 11 or 12 pitchers and having the WBC hijack four very important players, Torre's 11th camp has no stones in the pool."

Yes, the players were hijacked. Steinbrenner would be proud. Maybe if anything happens to Howard Rubenstein, you could get a job with the NYY.

5 comments:

  1. Nice, uh, link. Yikes. I don't even want to know how you found that. I think these girls are a better example though.

    On thing that's interesting - by taking George's side, isn't he going against Damon, Jeter, and A-Rod? For all the flip-flopping (some of which I honestly believe wasn't his fault), A-Rod's said very positive things about the tournament. And Damon can't shut up about it. Which is interesting too since it directly contradicts The Boss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In your link, do you mean that Foulke is as availabe as Wright? Or that he is equivalent of an asian whore. I guess either is probably correct.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I just meant they were making themselves available. Whatever.

    But yes, both are correct.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you meant...

    On the subject of Foulke, I'm pretty sure Theo would deal him in a heartbeat.

    On the downside, Riske and Seanez have continued to suck. Riske gave up another HR to Ryan Howard the other day. If Foulke is crica 2005 and Riske and Seanez don't pan out, I will be very glad that we have some depth. And on top of Taverez, Timlin, and Papelbon - Hansen has looked good this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Riske and Seanez have been worse than sucky. I have absolutely NO faith in them, and they will have to earn it, hopefully not the hard way. And I have high hopes Foulke will be fine this year. I know that if it is the bone friction that is causing his pain, the medication being injected into his knees really does work. At least it worked for months for a personal friend of mine. She is not, however, a pitcher.

    ReplyDelete