Friday, December 30, 2005

That didn't take long.

"I've been with the Orioles for two years and things haven't gone in the direction that we were expecting, so I think the best thing will be a change of scenery." - Miguel Tejada, December 8

"I never said I wanted to be traded. I said I want to see a better team. I don't want to keep losing like we have the past two years." - Miguel Tejada, December 11

"Now, I am more upset than when I requested the trade because it's been a month and they haven't done anything.'' - Miguel Tejada, December 29

5 comments:

  1. On the plus side, sounds like Tejada could get a job with the Bush administration with little to no difficulty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes he could. And I like the last quote the best. It's too bad Clement will have to go with Manny for this trade to happen. And it's the O's and Manny who control it all, what with Manny Man's approval needed. It's like a Neil Young song titled, "Helpless Helpless Helpless," vintage 1970.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's worth spending any time with that "proposed trade". Has anyone but Gammons reported it? And, honestly, when was the last time Gammons was right about anything?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baltimore was saying that there is talk about this...so it is legit...Apparently the deal is close, but not done. AND Baltimore wants to get this done within the next few days...

    The deal is NOT Manny and Clement for Tejada...It is Manny and Clement for Tejada and an outfielder...Since the O's just signed Conine and Burnitz, maybe it is Jay Gibbons? That's not bad...or Matos???

    ReplyDelete