Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Two things that piss me off

1. Am I the only one that hates the fact that it seems like every web site now cuts its articles into multiple pages? Some of them have that "single page view" that you can click on the bottom (today's bill simmons article) . And the Boston Herald has it so you have to click on the 2, 3 and 4 to read a whole article. I mean this screws up my entire morning - I now have to do some planning before I go in and take a crap. I used to just print off an article or two real quickly. Now I need at least five minutes warning.

2. ESPN.com/mlb. Is every friggin' article an insider now? I hardly go there anymore. But of course CNN.com has the same "continue story" nonsense as the other sites.

I sure need some baseball so that I will be less irritable...

2 comments:

  1. Wow Dave, you ARE irritable. I for one love multipage stories, and enjoy the fact that most of the good content on the internet now costs money. Also, I'm a big fan of increasing baseball ticket prices, the Bush Administration's Social Security plans, and drinking orange juice right after brushing my teeth.

    Yes, baseball needs to begin, soon. The only things I've been able to come up with to post are all steroids-related, and we've already tranquilized that horse to death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, most espn.com and webpage articles for that matter have a printer friendly version. The button is typically located at the top of the page or in the margin some where (next to email to a friend). What it does is put the article in one page and set it ready for printing. Feel free to call my this morning, I'd gladly walk you through the process over the phone.

    I too can't wait until baseball, although I do have to say I am finding the March Madness to be a welcome distraction. I was getting sick of the 'roids debate and the NCAA is like watching pro-basketball from the 80's - so pure ;-)

    ReplyDelete