Thursday, March 31, 2005

Team loyalty

So I never thought I, on a blog like this, would ever link to him, because his writing is really political and conservative (though his first book was pretty awesome), but today David Brooks tackles the question of loyalty to a team today. I guess he is/was a huge Mets fan, but now finds himself drawn to the Nats, since he's lived in DC for a long time. That, and the fact that the Mets suck, despite paying out the big bucks for so long.

I dunno. I've been here in LA for a year and a half, and while I guess I've gained an appreciation for the Dodgers (and hell, even the Angels), my loyalty to the Sox hasn't wavered one bit. So I can't really relate to what he's going through (though the Sox are no Mets, so we're in different boats). Still, his points about different reasons to love a team seem pretty valid.

No comments:

Post a Comment