Saturday, March 12, 2005

Suspicious

Okay, there are 3 weeks and a day until Opening day. Is Schilling really not going to be ready? He is making progress toward appearing in a game - he threw BP yesterday. This likely means he will throw in a game in a few days, say Wednesday, Thursday. If that is the case, he could get into 4 games before the season starts.

Now don't get me wring, I love Schilling as much as the next guy, but does anyone else think this is Schilling being a bit of a drama queen again? Saying all this stuff about how its doubtful, etc. just so he will be an even bigger hero when he takes the mound April 3.

2 comments:

  1. I see where you're coming from Longo, but I don't think Schilling is a "drama queen", thespian yes, but drama queen no. He understands the importance of setting expectations and exceeding them. Sure it paints him as a hero but I honestly don't think Schilling sits down and thinks about how he can be a hero, again. I think he is very strategic, not dramatic.

    Although, Kevin being the only thepsian I know might be able to shed some light on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so maybe drama queen is a bit sarcastic. But I do think there is some calculation on his behalf on the matter.

    Of course I could care less what he does - he has already gotten u the the "ring."

    ReplyDelete