Thursday, February 17, 2005

Larussa. Explosion.

With Larussa going nuts over Canseco's naming of McGwire, it really makes me wonder on that one. Isn't he really staking a lot of his credibility (LaRussa) on the issue.

Matt thinks McGwire was an obvious user. And sure, I think there were signs of it. But maybe he did work hard. Maybe he used Andro and creatine (all 100% legal and allowed by baseball at the time) and worked his ass off.

I read about 1/4 of the Canseco book - of course I did not buy it as I don't want to give that clown my $$. It is about a 6th grade writing level - 1/4 of the book read in about 45 minutes at BN while the wife got her haircut. And I'll tell you, Canseco appears to be jealous of Big Mac. In 50 pages, he took no fewer than 3 shots at him. Saying how Mac got preferential treatment his entire career, etc. Which, I think, is a load of crap. McGwire used to be surly with media and it wasn't until he embraced them 3/4 into '98 and subsequently broke the record that he became an icon and media darling.

What does it all mean? Who knows? I'm glad we will have some real baseball soon. This is a media story that I wish would go away. And hopefully it will once the season starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment